Monday 23 June 2014

Daisychain abc's sampler

I bought this lovely pattern at the last minute for a holiday project this week, It's been pinned on my must makes for a while now, and  I had some kind of wall hanging in mind. 

As I didn't have much time to search online for fabrics to make a boarder, (it would have taken me ages to decide!), I based my colours on Pretty by hand's sampler as I knew I wanted to use a light background and the colours above would be too light (and dark) in places. I was expecting to use some fabric I already had, but when I got to Hobby Craft, I found a perfect one, so got that too!! Shh don't tell my husband!
I also took her advice and reduced the pattern to 70% to use embroidery thread instead of crewel wool. I couldn't find a pen with a small enough point to transfer the patten to the fabric, so I just used a pencil, the kind you click to get more lead. I had the pattern and fabric masking taped to the window and just did lots of tiny dots, killed my arm and a pen would have been easier but hey ho.  Let's see how long this takes! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment